· Are you new in your role in supervision, management, or leadership?
· Do you know what active listening skills are?
· Have you been in your position for a while but want to develop better active listening skills or people skills?
· Would you say you are not "naturally good” at listening to others and forming strong bonds with others?
If you answered “yes” to any or all these questions, this article is a terrific resource for you so keep reading!
What is active listening?
Active listening is one of the top skills a person in any level of leadership should develop. It involves:
· Using a variety of verbal and non-verbal signals to show others you are listening and processing what they are saying
· Listening and retaining the messages others share
· Understanding others’ personal needs, challenges, concerns
· Listening with all senses
· Listening in a non-judgmental and neutral way
· Getting to know and being there for employees
· Being reflective about what others are saying
Why is active listening important?
When leading, supervising, or managing others, the goal is to move the organization ahead by achieving a common goal. The person in the leadership role cannot do all the work personally – it is impossible. She must rely on others within the organization, her team, to achieve that common goal and help the organization succeed.
If you answered YES to any of these questions, keep reading this article to get helpful ideas, tips, and hacks on having an organized workspace.
A well-organized workspace can help you be more productive, accomplish more tasks and goals, save you time, and help you reduce stress! This is even more important if you serve in a leadership position, either at work, school, at a non-profit organization, and more. Did you know?
A workspace can be your work desk, your music studio area, your shop, cubicle, and more! Whether you are a student, an employee, a business owner, an athlete, a performer, having a nice and clean workspace can have many benefits.
If you answered YES to any of these questions, this article will give you helpful strategies and ideas to deal with stress and life's difficult situations.
We all experience stress at some point in our lives. Some of the most common causes of stress include:
When a person is undergoing stress, one of the most challenging aspects is being able to control and manage it. He or she needs to change the response to stress to have a healthier mind and body. Different people respond differently to stress. For example, men tend to distract themselves to stop thinking about a stressful situation, while women tend to talk about it more. Therefore, learning what works best for you is the most effective way to deal with and cope with heavy stress in your life. It is impossible to get rid of stress in life completely...
Subscribe to receive helpful informational resources and guides on building efficiency and organization skills.